- Editting ID3 Tags for MP3 Files (11047 views)
- How do I upload new sermons? (10224 views)
- Repeating Events not Appearing on Calendar (9638 views)
- MLink usage Instructions (8962 views)
- Editting/Creating Text Files (8528 views)
- Creating MP3 Files from audio CD's (Ripping) (8157 views)
- Basic Usage Instructions (7903 views)
- Adding captions to files (7868 views)
- Background Music (7530 views)
- Learning how to FTP (7174 views)
Adding captions to files
Q: How do I add image comments/descriptions to the slideshow?
A: There are two ways to do this,
1) add an EXIF comment to each image.
A google search will return many free tools that enable you to edit the EXIF comments section of a JPEG.
Use the <EXIF_COMMENT> in the template.html file to display this data.
2) Create a pics.txt file.
Create a text file that lists each image name and description on a new line separated by a semi colon.
for example each line would look like this:
my_house.JPG;This is my house.
NO BLANK LINES!
A quick way to generate a pics.txt file with image names is to use the command prompt.
ls *.jpg > pics.txt in linux or OS X
dir /b *.jpg > pics.txt at a dos prompt in windows
You will need edit this in a text editor to add the semi colon and
In order to create captions, you can simply create a text file named pics.txt. Seperate the filename from the Title by using the semi-colon character.
Here is a 4 line example of a pics.txt file:
dog.png;My dog John
tux.jpg;My friend Tux
(Not all pics need a description)
- Basic HTML Tutorial
- Basic Usage Instructions
- Adding page header for your photo album
- Adding a Mission Team
- Using the Calendar
7869/71%Last update: 2006-11-09 03:25
Author: HIM Support
You cannot comment on this entry